As most people know, I am a huge cat person. For Christmas 2014 my boyfriend bought me a lovely pedigree ragdoll kitten. Whom I named "Pancakes". She has been amazing! She's crazy, hyper, cute and just plain entertainment! I love her so much. I met my first ever ragdoll when I visited my sister who had recently become the proud owner of her own male ragdoll. It's true, animals are the best cure through difficult times. Here is why YOU should get one!
1. They are your best friend. No matter what happens, they follow you and are loyal. They know when you're upset and they know when your down. They're always there to cheer you up and just give you friendly hug! Ragdolls may be able to take care of themselves, but cats still love a good cuddle. They are warm and fuzzy – so purr-fectly suited for snuggling.
Pancakes and Mittens - Best Friends Forever
2. Always wanting to play and keep you entertained. Yes some of us don't have time, but when you are available they never refuse to play a good afternoon game!
Cats are more than capable of entertaining themselves with toys, boxes, drawers . So even if you don't have time, they understand and find something inexpensive to play with!
Pancakes - Hide and Seek!
3. RODENT ALERT! No need to call in help, they keep the creepy crawlies away. We had mice when we moved into our flat, safe to say, we haven't had any problems since having her! Also, she likes leaving a small present as a gift when you come home from work....
4. Hygiene - Have you ever tried to wash or give a cat a bath? Not fun at all! So they bathe themselves and leave you with one less chore – it’s a win-win situation! You can get dry cat shampoo, but that just consists of placing it on their fur and rubbing or brushing it in, simple!
5. Laughter - Ragdoll always doing SOMETHING to make you laugh. Whether it's jumping and missing the ledge or even having a random hyper moment and running around like a maniac! They are so flimsy and find anywhere to sleep and play, leaving you so confused as most of the time its so uncomfortable looking.
6. INDEPENDENT - They love attention but at the same time if you are out all day they will be fine and take care of themselves, don't worry they will still be happy when you get home! No worrying about letting them out! Cats are naturally independent creatures that require little supervision. Which makes this perfect for people in and out!
7.Health - Whether it's depression, mental health or any other difficulties, having a pet has been attributed to significantly lowering blood pressure, as well as lowering the risk of heart disease. Plus, the mere act of stroking a cat for a few minutes has been shown to release “feel good” endorphins in the brain. How cool is that, throw away the pills and get a cat!
8. Cat Selfie- Ragdolls are known to be one of the most tame and friendly cats, getting on with many various animals and are like the labradors of dogs! They also love a good photo! You see everyone with baby pictures and that, but a Ragdoll photo goes a very long way! You love showing them off as they are such a unique breed and are so cute.
9.Alert - No matter what, whether they're asleep or busy, they will pick up on every single detail, noise and fly that enters your household! No need for a guard!
10. They are too cute to handle! - They know you, learn your personality and way of life, they become your best friend and partner in crime. Lets face it, they are just plain cute too!