My title says it all really, I have lived by myself since I was 18, I had my own little studio and things placed how I wanted, no mess, no miss placed items and random noise, It was nice, a chance to have some me time when I wanted. I did get lonely at times, but I just invited friends round.
This is a normal shop
How we spend our friday nights
For a while, my friend back than which now my boyfriend used to crash round mine a lot, after a long night out or just playing video games. I could live with that, because he would be gone in the morning and I wouldn’t hear a thing. We both ended up moving to Edinburgh in June 2012 from Surrey. This is when things got tricky…the stress of a new location, new job, friends and first time dealing with one another’s issues and you cant hide.
Things most of us are aware of the other half does when living with them and let’s be honest it does annoy us!
1. They don’t seem to know where the bin is!
2. To them washing up dishes is the biggest chore asked.
3. Always an excuse for not tidying up or doing something. “I just got in” “I always do that”
4. Shoes and clothes left lying everywhere…
5. Cans of soda, beer and other items of food left randomly round the flat..
6. An Ironing board is like an alien weapon to them.
7. The washing machine spins, they don’t understand its actions....
8. Cleaning the bathroom involves and few sprays and towel on the floor.
9. The phrase "Ill do it later" is over used.
10. They leave things lying around after work and stress in the morning that they cant find it.
11. Asks you “how everything works”...”what to do with this” and “have you seen my....” which by the end you kind of wish you had just done it yourself… so much faster.
12.Bills come through and they rather not open them as they are "bad letters".
13.Something breaks and they think it will be magically clean up of and be fixed! i.e. (we do it.)
14. You are in charge of calling the relatives, sorting out birthday cards, sorting out any flat issues.
15. Agro who gets the TV as one wants to play x box and the other wants to watch TV.
16. No matter when it is, never disrupt them when Football is one!
Even Pancakes starts being a lad...
So those are a small list of things we can somewhat relate too.. but at the end of the day, as much as we all have our differences and petty little habits. We all still have a huge positive with living with the other half. They know you, understand you and let you express yourself no matter how much it annoys one another. There are so many more ups to living with someone that most people take for granted.
Traveling involes alot of work...
1. Always someone to come home too; weather a good or bad day.
2. Always they’re for a hug.
3. Dinner is sometimes cooked…
4. The smile on their face when you walk in and they have cleaned the counter and vacuumed...
5. The small treats and cheer up surprises they leave around the house when they know you’ve had a bad day.
6. Movie nights with junk food.
7. Needing a shoulder to cry on.
8. Someone to make you laugh.
9. Always they’re to help through hard processes and sort it out with you. You are never alone.
10. You find a dead mouse... They sometimes clean it up for you.
11. They just love you for who you are! No matter how crazy you are.
Friends in Spain
This never changes..
There it is, the bunch of reasons why we need to live with them, relationships are not high way and a bike path, it works both ways, everyone’s got their things, issues and needs, but as a couple you make it work, you learn to look past it, one person may have the annoying part of the relationship when the other just takes it on the chin. What’s it like living with your other half?!
I do have to say, living with my boyfriend Tom is the first boyfriend I’ve lived with and with knowing him over almost 6 years, its perfectly comfortable and I couldn’t imagine it any other way!
Although next time I buy him a frog before I go traveling and it suddenly dies, I would like to come home after 6 weeks and find it gone, not blown up and floating about for a whole time…ew…
Skyping when traveling...asking how things work...
The end of the day... They are in your life for a reason to make you laugh, happy and do something stupid..